Community Group Discussion PointsCommunity Group 5/30/12—
These are the questions that we'll be working through together in this week's Community Group. We'll be meeting at the Caylor's house. For directions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Community Group begins at 6:25, and ends at 8:00. Childcare is provided—we'll see you there!
Explore (Digging in to understand the passage)
- In verse 1, God is called a gardener, which echoes back to Genesis 2 and the Garden of Eden. What does God's role as gardener tell you about his character?
- In verse 2, the Greek word translated "prunes" also means "cleans." How does this help you understand Jesus' statement in verse 3 that you are already clean?
- According to Jesus, what leads to a fruitful life?
- In verse 7, Jesus says that we can ask whatever we wish, and it will be given to us--if we remain in him. What effect does remaining in Christ have on what we ask for?
- How do we show that we are Jesus' disciples?
Connect (Applying the passage to our lives)
- What do you do to remain in Jesus?
- How would you describe the fruit that your life produces?