The Gospel of Mark
Mercy Road is continuing its study series on the Gospel of Mark. Below are the verses and questions that will be discussed during the Community Group Meeting on September 19, 2012.
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another —and all the more as you see the Day approaching" -Hebrews 10:24-25
For more information, please contact Joel Keen at
Childcare is provided.!!!!
These are the questions that we'll be working through together in this week's Community Group. We'll be meeting at the Caylor's house—27 Lippizan, Saint Peters. Community Group begins at 6:25, and ends at 8:00. Childcare is provided—we'll see you there!Explore (Digging in to understand the passage)
- What connection exists between Jesus' teaching and the Pharisees' testing? (see Mark 2:5-7, 2:13-16, 8:6-13)
- What was the nature of the test that the Pharisees gave to Jesus? Was it about knowledge? His views?
- Does Jesus answer the question that the Pharisees put to him?
- What, according to Jesus, is God's intent for marriage?
- Given who was the king at this time (See Mark 6:17-19), what risk was Jesus taking in pronouncing what he did in verses 11-12?
Connect (Applying the passage to our lives)
- What do we learn about relationships in general from Jesus' teaching?
- What does it take to build enduring relationships?