Monday, February 25, 2013 - Sunday, March 3, 2013
- MRF Daily Bible Reading & Prayer available at mercyroadprayers.blogspot.com
- Community Group, Wed., 2/27, 6:30 - 8 p.m. at the Caylors, Info/RSVP here
These are the questions that we'll be working through together in this week's Community Group:
Explore (Digging in to understand the passage Mark 14:66-72)
- What caused Peter to follow Jesus to the High Priest's house? Bravery? Curiosity? Worry? Something else?
- How was Peter's denial of Christ understandable?
- How was Peter's denial of Christ inexplicable?
- How was Peter's denial of Christ a challenge to Mark's original readers?
- What may have gone through Peter's mind when he heard the rooster crow the first time?
- How were the denials similar? Different?
- What motivated Peter's tears? (See Luke 22:61)
Connect (Applying the passage to our lives)
- How is Peter's denial of Christ a challenge to our tendency to deny him as well--either directly or verbally, or in our behaviors and our attitudes?
- Books That Make You Think Book Club, Sun. 3/3 , 7 a.m., St. Louis Bread Company, 290 Mid Rivers Mall Circle Drive 63376 (map), RSVP here. We are reading Pilgrim’s Regress by C.S. Lewis. Come join us for coffee & chat!
- Sunday Worship: Sunday, 3/3, 10 a.m., Living Word Christian School, 310 Cardinal Place 63376 (map), Sermon text: Mark 14:66-72
- Worship & Set-Up Team, setup at 8:30 a.m., practice at 9 a.m., Darden, Belinda, Aaron, Reagan, Jamie
- Nursery Volunteers: Kathy
- Children’s Worship: Kimberly & Mike, Using the Jesus Storybook Bible
- Sisters of Faith Coffee Club, Tues, 3/5, 6:30 p.m. at Bernadette’s home. RSVP here
- “Jam Session” at the Caylors, Sun. 3/10, 5 p.m., RSVP/Info here
- 4th and Dine, Friday, 3/22, 6 p.m. at Hodak’s, 2100 Gravois, St Louis, MO (map), RSVP/Info here
MRF-related Links & Information:
MRF Facebook Page
MRF Meetup Page -- see calendar
St. Peters Friends meetup calendar
Books That Make You Think calendar
MRF Youth Group Facebook page
Questions? Corrections? Omissions? Contact Renae Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, MRF’s church administrator, handling communications and administrative questions such as, What’s going on? Who does what? or How can I find out about X?