Explore (Digging in to understand the passage)
- Why was Simon forced to carry Jesus' cross?
- Why did Jesus refuse the wine mixed with myrrh?
- What insults did Jesus endure when on the cross? What is ironic about these insults?
- How was Jesus like the criminals crucified with him?
- What stands out about Jesus' cry from the cross? Why did he cry out those words? How did those who heard him understand them?
- What significance does the temple curtain being torn have?
- How does the Centurion's confession begin to "wrap up" Mark’s gospel (see 1:1)
- Why does Mark explicitly mention the women who followed Jesus?
Connect (Applying the passage to our lives)
- What meaning does Jesus' death have for you?
- What "curtain" separates you from God? How can Jesus' death help you through it?
I look forward to seeing everyone there!
Mercy Road Fellowship