These are the questions that we'll be discussing together in this week's Community Group. We'll be meeting at the Caylor's house. (More info here) Community Group begins at 6:25, and ends at 8:00. Childcare is provided--we'll see you there!
This week's passage: Hebrews 3:7-19
Explore (Digging in to understand the passage)
- What are the key words and phrases repeated in this passage? Why are they important?
- What leads people to fall away from God, according to verses 12 and 13?
- What does exhortation mean? In what ways does this passage call readers to exhort each other?
- Read Numbers 14:1-12 and 26-31. What was the sin of Israel that God judged? How does it parallel the warning in Hebrews 3:12-14?
- What did "entering God’s rest" mean for the Israelites in Numbers 14? What does it mean for the readers of Hebrews?
- What condition is there for entering God's rest, according to verse 19?
- What practical implication(s) from this passage do you see?
- How might we begin to live out verse 13?
24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:24-25)