Mercy Road Fellowship Newsletter
- MRF Daily Bible Reading & Prayer available at mercyroadprayers.blogspot.com
- Share your MRF photos! Calling all photographer! Please share your photos taken at Mercy Road events. You can upload them to the Meetup pages for specific events or e-mail them to Renae at the address below. Thank you!
- Community Group: meets Wed., 6/5, 6:30 p.m. at the Caylors; childcare provided. RSVP/Info here. These are the questions that we'll be discussing together in this week's Community Group.
This week’s passage: Hebrews 5:1-10
Explore (Digging in to understand the passage)
- What characteristics of earthly priests are listed in verses 1-4? Which of them does Jesus share?
- Who was Melchizedek? (See Genesis 14:18-20)
- What differences are there between the order of Aaron and the order of Melchizedek?
- What loud cries and prayers did Jesus offer during his time on earth? How do we know that God heard him? (See Luke 22:39-44)
- What do the words, "being made perfect" mean in verse 9? How do they relate to Jesus' "learning obedience" in verse 8?
Connect (Applying the passage to our lives)
- Why is it hard for many people to trust the love of God? How might Jesus' faithful priesthood be helpful in helping them understand?
- Softball: We play on Thursdays, and our next game is scheduled for this Thurs., 6/6, 8:30 & 9:30 games on field #19 -- Info/RSVP here. Come out and join us, both players and spectators!!
- Evening Men’s Group: Sat., 6/8, 7 p.m. at the Keen’s, for encouragement, prayer, and study; feel free to bring drink/food to share. More info/RSVP here.
- Sunday Worship: 6/9, 10 a.m., Living Word Christian School, 310 Cardinal Place 63376 (map), Sermon text: Hebrews 5:1-10Worship & Set-Up Team, setup at 8:30 a.m., practice at 9 a.m
- Nursery Volunteers: Erin & Madeleine
- Children’s Worship: Renae & ?? ; Lesson 34: The Man Who Didn’t Have Any Friends in The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Second Sunday Sassy Ladies Luncheon: Sun., 6/9, Noon (after Sunday Worship) at the Olive Garden on Suemandy. Info/RSVP here.
Some Upcoming Events:
- BBQ Potluck: After Sunday Worship on 6/23 at Spencer Creek Park. Info/RSVP here.
- Our next 4th & Dine event (monthly on 4th Fridays) will be at the Rascal’s game (900 T.R. Hughes Blvd., O'Fallon) on Fri., 6/28; meet at 7 p.m. on the lawn inside. More info/RSVP here.
- Morning Men’s Group: Sat. 6/29, 7 a.m., place TBD, more info/RSVP here.
- Visitor’s Dessert: Sun., 6/30, at the Caylor’s, 1 p.m.; a great opportunity to learn more about Mercy Road, chat with the pastors and some of the families, and find out about MRF programs and activities. Info/RSVP here.
MRF-related Links & Information:
New MRF website -- check it out!
Books That Make You Think calendar
Questions? Corrections? Omissions? Contact Renae Johnson, email@example.com, MRF’s church administrator.