These are the questions that we'll be discussing together in this week's Community Group, Wednesday, July 31. We'll be meeting at the Caylor’s house (RSVP/more info here). Community Group begins at 6:25, and ends at 8:00. Childcare is provided--we'll see you there!
This week's passage: Hebrews 8:1-13
Explore (Digging in to understand the passage)
- How do verses 1-6 summarize the point of chapters 5-7?
- Why would Christ not be a priest at all, if he served on earth?
- What does it mean when the text says that the tabernacle was a copy and a shadow of what is in heaven?
- What is a covenant?
- What was wrong with the first covenant?
- What is different about the new covenant (verses 10-12)?
- What might the first readers have understood the implication of verse 13 to be? (see 4:14-16)
- How does the new covenant that God makes with his people address our fundamental problem?