This Week's Passage: Hebrews 10:1-18
Explore (Digging in to understand the passage)
- Why can't the law make worshippers perfect, according to verses 1 & 2?
- What sets Jesus' sacrifice apart, according to verses 5-9?
- How does Jesus' sacrifice relate to our holiness?
- What does verse 14 mean? If we are made perfect forever, how can we be made holy? What does holiness mean?
- How does the new promise (or covenant) described in verses 16 and 17 lead to the conclusion that ongoing sacrifice is no longer necessary?
- How often do you experience a sense of guilt? Why might that be good? Why might it be unhealthy?
- Do you live your life as if you were being made holy?